Intermissionary Scholarship Fund
Terms and Conditions
1. Girl Catch Fire grants only partial scholarships from the Intermissionary Scholarship Fund. Up to 2/3 of the registration fee may be sponsored by GCF. If you are granted a scholarship you must come up with 1/3 of the registration fee and your travel expenses on your own. The fund won’t pay for either of those things.
2. If people donate to the IM Scholarship fund, they are giving to the fund, not a particular person. In this way we distribute the funds as effectively as possible, spreading them across multiple participants. An Intermissionary Scholarship may be less than 2/3 of the registration cost. The participants may accept or decline it based on their ability to cover the difference.
3. Should a donor want to dedicate their funds to a particular person, we recommend they write a check to that person directly, so that the Intermissionary Scholarship Funds remain unrestricted.
4. Girl Catch Fire is a for-profit corporation, so no donation to the scholarship fund will be tax deductible.
5. When a participant’s fee is 100% funded, (by scholarship and the participant’s 1/3 commitment) and acknowledged by GCF, then the participant may fill out the sponsored participant registration form.